Catarina's Reviews > Red

Red by Kait Nolan

F 50x66
May 24, 2012

bookshelves: book-boyfriend, high-school, love-story, my-ebooks, summer-read, werewolves
Recommended for: paranormal readers, romance lovers
Read from May 24 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

Ok I really liked the book. Mrs. Nolan wrote a suspenseful romance that could suck almost anyone in. I spent the book asking questions like, Will they get together? Who is the hunter? What really happened to her mother? What is wrong with her dad? Will the kidnapper/attempted murder get caught?

I loved how this story line kept me guessing. Usually in a book I can figure out the characters and pretty much guess what they're gonna do before they do it. But with this book, I was able to figure the characters out, but as for what they were going to do I couldn't. The only thing I wish was that Mrs. Nolan expand on a few of her lesser characters. Sometimes it felt as if they appeared and disappeared. I wanted to know the other characters she introduced also. Like Rich and his little sister. They are introduced in the gas station, something happens (I don't do spoilers so I won't tell you what happened), it is resolved and that is the end of they're part in the story. We saw the sister a total of 2 times and I only learned her name.

I loved Elodie. She was a strong character. She had no problem taking care of herself and did anything she could to protect those she loved. I regret that suicide was such a big factor of what she dealt with. She was such a sweet character.

SAWYER!!!!! I love when, we as the readers, can get a switch of POVs between the two main characters. He was such a caring guy. I loved his protective tendencies toward Elodie, especially in the cave and cabin. I loved how everytime we heard from him he was protecting her, being attentive to her wants and needs, and doing everything in his power to make sure she was happy, comfortable, and safe.

Honestly this book was well rounded. It had a good plot, strong leading characters, and grabbed my attention within the first few pages. Mrs. Nolan did a great job and I encourage anyone to read this who wants a good read with suspense, romance, and more.