Badass Bloggettes's Reviews > Pretty Nightmare

Pretty Nightmare by J.A. Huss

Indie Anna Accorsi is back with the people she loves, Adam Boucher, Core McKay, Donovan Couture, and Maggie, but something isn’t right—still. Indie is fighting to remember her four missing years. Also, she is angry that Nathan isn’t here, the part she played in that event, and the time she missed with her daughter, Maggie. Adam, McKay, and Donovan are worried too. They all deserted their responsibilities and promises to one another. Oh, and there are the secrets. so many secrets that can ruin everything. Who knows if they will ever be the same when no one is sharing their fears!

Pretty Nightmare is not a typical boy meets girl, boy likes girl or girl likes boy, but they need to jump through some hoops to get together. Pretty Nightmare is the Company revisited. Boy buys girl, boy has a team, the team are assassins. Can you trust the girl or boy, or will they turn on one another? Like I said, not typical.

I couldn’t wait for this next book in the Creeping Beautiful series. It was worth it. It meets all my expectations for a new JA Huss book. With Pretty Nightmare we are given a taboo treat (MFMM, MM, FM) set in the world of the Company. The Company is a shadow government that has its tentacles around the world. They train children as assassins who kill without guilt anyone who comes against them. While there are characters you will know if you read The Company series, it isn’t necessary to enjoy this new generation of Company Untouchables.

After reading all of JA Huss’ books multiple times, her clever, slightly twisted mind should not surprise me, but she always does. She is the queen of the unexpected. Her writing style is unique and totally entertaining. Pretty Nightmare is another story that threw me for a loop and kept me guessing from start to finish. I love the stomach clenching and somersaults that are non-stop.

A lot of questions are answered in Pretty Nightmare, but there is more waiting for the next installment in the series. I am crazy for these characters, and the way we get into their heads, with the multiple points of view. Now, I am anxiously waiting for the way their story will wrap up. Pretty Nightmare is everything I have come to love about Julie’s writing, and more. I can’t wait for the audio announcement. A great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Nightmare.

May 25, 2020 – Started Reading