Mixedbagreader's Reviews > The Demon in Me

The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen

U 50x66
May 24, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-spn-romance, demons, complete-series

I'm liking this series far more than I thought I would.

I've been a little burned out on vampires lately and went searching high and low for a good demon romance, because I thought that might be unique and interesting. But other than "Demon's Lexicon", every book series I could find with demon characters didn't really... remind me of demons? They were usually just your stock vampire PNR character except they don't drink blood.

In this one, the demon guy actually has demon-like traits and there's more going on with him than I expected. Eden, the female protagonist is pretty appealing. She's not TSTL, she's open minded and compassionate but also reasonably suspicious. The author doesn't really harp on & on about how good looking or how plain looking she is, which is nice because I'm kind of getting sick of that in PNRs.

I also like that the conflict between the characters isn't based on silly misunderstandings. The characters are conflicting for understandable reasons. If they lie to each other, it's for a reason that makes character sense, if they fight it's for reasons that make character sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon in Me.