Karen's Reviews > Married By Morning

Married By Morning by Lisa Kleypas

May 24, 2012

bookshelves: fav-author, historical-romance, keepers, may-2012, own, part-of-a-series, read-in-2012
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

I've adored Leo from the first book in this series and was really looking forward to his story. He has been such a charming, witty and troubled soul from the beginning and I couldn't wait for him to get his HEA. With Leo and his sister's companion Catherine bristling with hostility from their first meeting and their snarky banter I thought I would be in for an entertaining read and I wasn't disappointed.

Some favourite lines I'd marked. This one is of Leo and his sisters discussing a list of potential brides.

Deciding to humor her, Leo looked down at the list. "Marietta Newbury?"
"Yes," Amelia said. "What's wrong with her?"
"I don't like her teeth."
"What about Isabella Charrington?"
"I don't like her mother."
"Lady Blossom Tremaine?"
"I don't like her name."
"Oh, for heaven's sake, Leo, that's not her fault."
"I don't care. I can't have a wife named Blossom. Every night I would feel as if I were calling in one of the cows." Leo lifted his gaze heavenward. "I might as well marry the first woman off the street. Why, I'd be better off with Marks."

There are some quite hilarious conversations between Leo and Cat, far too many for me to mention and I'd ear marked so many in my book. Another eg.

“It's the perfect solution. We argue all the time. We can't stand each other. It's like we're already married."

This will be a series that I will re-read many times over the years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married By Morning.