Jen's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

May 23, 2012

bookshelves: scifi, fiction
Read in May, 2012

First off, you have to admit the dress is better.

If you've ever sat down and eaten the last of a big cake, you will understand my feelings about finishing this series. I'm a bit relieved there just aren't any more books--because now I can stop. I don't have to stay up nights reading these...because I'm done.

These were obviously quick reads. I had forgotten how quickly I can read fiction when I put my mind to it. Plus it's not like these are super long books.

I think this is a good ending, not everything is tied up in a neat bow. There's plenty left untied, but you can see everyone being okay. After five books, I've grown a bit fond of these characters and I would like them to send me postcards once in a while.

Even more than the books, I enjoyed getting engrossed in a series of books. It's been far too long since I did that. It was fun finishing a book and realizing I had a whole other book to read about these people. Plus...I did the unthinkable for me.

I didn't skip ahead to find out how each book ended. This may be a first.

So to sum up. Fun books, fast read, engaging world, strong heroine, good writing.

What more could you ask for in escapist entertainment?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

message 1: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Carpenter Well, I'm going in. I tend to devour books this way so I got the first from the library based on your review! I'll keep you posted...

message 2: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Carpenter So I'm almost done with the first (got the first two DDL from the library but they don't have the others. Shit now I'll have to buy them...) anyhow thanks! These people really are fun.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen It's a totally fun series. Not really mind-expanding, but definitely a lot of fun. Glad you're liking :)