Danielle (Bookwhoreblog) Perez's Reviews > The Truth About Lord Stoneville

The Truth About Lord Stoneville by Sabrina Jeffries

May 23, 2012

So this week I was feeling a bit emo, partially because I am a woman and we go through spurts of being emotional, and partially because I just had a crazy week! I set out to find a cheesy romance to get lost into, and found myself diving into the world of the Hellions of Hallstead Hall with full force. This is the first time I’ve read a Sabrina Jeffries novel, even though I do have several on my shelf in that massive ever growing TBR pile. I have to say this author has made it to the top of my must read list!

This book is fantastic, I loved the mystery of learning about Oliver's parents, and slowly chipping away at the man Oliver is. I fell very in love with Oliver. I have a thing for the bad boys in books, the scoundrels, and the rakes, and the boys with the bad reputations. I think it is because in real life we woman always want to change the bad boys, and in books the woman always succeed in changing them.

For some reason when I read historical romances I am always picturing the leading man as Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice the movie. Don't ask me why, I've barely begun to figure it out myself! I also always picture Mr. Darcy's accent in my mind, I think I may have a thing for him. Anyhow, before you start questioning my sanity let's move on. Oliver was a great leading man, with a troubled past trying to hide from his ghost. Maria is a strong willed American in search of her missing fiancée' and along the way she lands herself in a bit of hot water.

I can normally decide which character in a book is my favorite, but in this book I simply could not choose. Every character had me chuckling, and cheering them on. I enjoyed all of Oliver's crazy family, and loved Maria and her cousin. Definitely pick up a copy of this book. It was a great read, but it is for adult readers only do to sexual content.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Lord Stoneville.

May 23, 2012 – Started Reading
May 23, 2012 – Shelved
May 23, 2012 –
page 60
15.31% "really enjoying this so far."
page 101
page 17
page 171
43.62% "ahhhh! I want to keep reading...I swear I love the scoundrels!"
page 205
page 289
page 345
88.01% "dang my eyes for scrapping out so close to the end!"
May 27, 2012 – Finished Reading