Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Quick review:

Cover: Interesting
Rating: R
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: Pretty Disappointed
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Discovered truths have the power to destroy hearts
Page Turner: No
Series Cont.? Maybe
Recommend: Possibly
Book Boyfriend: Akiva

SUMMARY (60 words or less)
This book took me several attempts to get through despite all the rave reviews. It wasn’t that interesting to me until around the 75% mark at which point the story opened up for me. I’m disappointed it took that long to get there. I will likely read the next book.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my blog post at:

Audio Review
Khristine Hvam did an excellent job with the voices and bringing me into a world inside a world. Although this book didn’t hold my attention, I don’t think I can blame the narrator.

May 23, 2012 – Started Reading
May 23, 2012 – Shelved
May 23, 2012 –
10.0% "listening to this one. interesting. waiting for that i'm in love with this story moment. not there yet."
May 24, 2012 –
May 24, 2012 –
30.0% "still waiting...."
May 25, 2012 –
June 3, 2012 – Shelved as: library
June 3, 2012 – Shelved as: audio
June 8, 2012 –
35.0% "this book goes back on the shelf for a while."
May 8, 2013 –
35.0% "going to give this one another try"
May 14, 2013 –
65.0% "I'm not connecting to these characters. I'm not sure why. So many people love this book."
May 15, 2013 – Finished Reading

★Ruth★ Oh no! are you not enjoying it?

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) The writing is great. The storyline interesting. But I have yet to connect with it.

Christie I love it but I need to re-listen to it, so I can listen to the second one.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) I had a hard time with this one. But everyone loved it. So I'm giving it a second chance.

message 5: by Midu (new) - added it

Midu Hadi Aw no! Now I'm not reading it!

message 6: by Ashleyjo (new)

Ashleyjo I've picked this up at least a dozen times to buy but always end up putting it back for something else. Dunno.. Maybe that's a sign lol:/