Alexia's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Y'all this book!!! I know I'm 15 years late on this one, but I really did myself an injustice by not reading this when I was younger. I read the first page and immediately knew I would like it. I didn't read the book description or look hard at the cover, so I went in completely blind to what it was about and was so shook when I found out who his father was.
“Poseidon,” said Chiron. “Earthshaker, Strombringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God.”

I mean absolute chills. Every scene of Percy using his powers had me so excited and amazed. And the gods and other Greek figures just showing up in the middle of his quest was so wild. Hephaestus has always been my favorite, so I enjoyed every time he was mentioned. I slowly put things together while reading, but I loved how I still couldn't guess exactly where the story was going, and I kept guessing wrong what the Oracle's words meant. I'm definitely questioning now if there's a whole world that mortals don't know about because I want to be a half blood please. All I know is that I need to read the next book immediately.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

May 22, 2020 – Started Reading
May 22, 2020 – Shelved
May 22, 2020 –
5.0% "How is this book already so good"
May 23, 2020 –
20.0% "No one told me this would be emotional"
May 24, 2020 –
30.0% "I didn’t read the description for the book, so I’ve finally figured out who his dad is and I’m shook"
May 24, 2020 –