Lani's Reviews > Eggs Benedict Arnold

Eggs Benedict Arnold by Laura Childs

it was ok
bookshelves: mystery, chick-lit, library-book, series, author-female, author-american

I enjoyed the first novel in this series enough to read this one but it was pretty bad. I thought maybe the annoyance of the killer in the first book was a fluke, but I didn't enjoy the outcome of this one either.

And I didn't enjoy the story as a whole either. It was pretty boring to be honest.

The first one mentioned feminism a lot and the women (mainly Toni) would call the Sheriff out when he was being misogynistic (i.e. "We're forty year old women, not girls."). But this one had a tiny bit a slut-shaming that I side eyed. I skimmed the last 70 pages or so just to see who the killer was and I won't be continuing this series.

Also I started noticing how Petra gets taken advantage of. It mentions several times that she's the one that can cook and bake and runs the knitting corner. Meanwhile, Suzanne is off snooping and ignoring the shop. I'm not quite sure what Toni does.

Other reviews have said that this series is really bad compared to her other series and since I do have her scrapbooking series checked out from the library too I might give it a try but I'm hesitant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eggs Benedict Arnold.

May 16, 2012 – Started Reading