Lisa's Reviews > Bluegrass State of Mind

Bluegrass State of Mind by Kathleen Brooks

May 22, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Don't you love that feeling when a book just clicks? Bluegrass State of Mind was that kind of book for me. It was fun, cute, sexy and had just enough mystery and suspense to keep you hooked.

McKenna Mason is the perfect type of main character. She was a little feisty, but completely genuine. She really wanted to do what was right even if it meant putting her life in danger. I love characters who are willing to stand up for a cause because that is how I like my friends. Her and Will have insta-chemistry. The minute the meet you can feel the sparks flying, but their relationship is not easy. Between the dreaded ex-wife and the homicidal ex-boyfriend let's just say they come with some baggage. Oh I almost forgot to mention that Will is crazy sexy. He's a retired NFL player who now runs a horse racing ranch. You cannot read this novel and not fall in love with him a little bit.

My favorite characteristic of Bluegrass State of Mind is that it was so sweet. The people of this small town were quirky and had such unique personalities; you couldn't help but fall in love with the town. This novel had the perfect southern small town feel for me and that made the story more real. They one things that I though was a little curious was the crime McKenna witnessed and the aftermath of it. I understand that it's a delicate situation, but I just feel that in real life it would have been handled differently. But never fear Kathleen Brooks makes up for it with just the right touch of humor. The court cases McKenna has to try will give you abs a workout. They are too funny.

If you are on the lookout for a great summer read, try Bluegrass State of Mind. You'll get hooked.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bluegrass State of Mind.