Bre's Reviews > True Believer

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks

May 22, 2012

it was ok

I honestly can't give True Believer more than 2 stars because it was just a little...sappy. I really tried to get into it, telling myself stay strong and finish!(I've been horrible about not giving books enough of a chance before.)And while the last pages chapters honestly had me picking up the pace, my face looked like this when I finished: :/ Meh, whatever.
Jeremy and Lexie just didn't hold my interest. I tried hard to like and connect with them, but there wasn't much of a spark in this Sparks. (Horrible wordplay, sorrrry!)
I thought the drama here a little silly. I'd really like to see these two ten years later when they've spent more than two weeks in each other's annoying company.
By the way, I pictured the characters as Olivia Wilde and Adam Sandler, because I had NO idea how to picture them as real people. The characterization was flat and I didn't care about either one, nor did I have the feeling they were developed.
So, yeah, I really suggest reading 11/22/63, by Stephen King, of all people, because that has an AMAZING romantic angle with real people you'll care about.
Sorry Lexie and Jeremy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Believer.

message 1: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Your review was so right on and funny! I loved your character choices btw, I do the same thing! I recently read another one of his "The Choice" and picked 3 people that could portray the 3 main characters in a movie! I got half way through this book and just got tired of always falling asleep while reading it. I will attempt again at a later date!

message 2: by Bre (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bre LOL well, don't feel too horrible if you don't make it through. you aren't missing too much. I pick actors with half the books I read, except if they are really good, then I can imagine them in my own way!