Sandy's Reviews > Fix by Force

Fix by Force by Jason Warne

May 22, 2012

bookshelves: nook, favorite, ya, own, fiction
Read from May 22 to 24, 2012

Knock it out of the ballpark! I loved this book more than I can tell you. Talk about drama and emotions running wild. Spencer is one confused teenager who is living with his mother while she is off on some emotional trip herself. While he thinks he has her all figured out, she isn’t all he thought she was. Then there is his father, the person Spencer thought he knew but in reality, did he really know him? When it all comes down to the truth of his real life, Spencer life was not the “massive screenplay with a role for everyone” that he thought it was. Spencer tried to blend in at school but the actions of this family made him center stage and he was bullied at school. It was as though, some eyes were covered and no adults wanted to confront the actions which I think helped Spencer become the person he became in the book. The emotions were so real and powerful and I cringed at some of Spencer’s actions. I felt his struggle and his attempt to be someone. His attempt to not fall between the cracks, his attempts to finally hold his head up, his attempts to be noticed for something, his attempts to be noticed period. What a powerful story. Yes, he took the easy way, but it was the only escape route he saw at that moment and he needed to escape now- he was desperate. In the end, he lived. I mean he really learned what it means to live.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix by Force.