Lorijo Metz's Reviews > The Key

The Key by Pauline Baird Jones

May 22, 2012

For me, The Key has all the sci-fi elements I love. It's got tech and adventure; but most of all, it's got great characters. There's also humor and romance and, of course, most it takes place between humans and aliens with special abilities.

The main character in The Key is Captain Sara Donovan. We meet her after she's crash-landed on a planet and been rescued by a good-looking, though not-much-one-for-words, alien named Fyn. Sara and Fyn quickly became two of my favorite fictional characters. Sara is strong, smart, sassy and, since this is science fiction, more than your average female. Plus, she can play piano, dance and sing! In short, she is everything I'd want my daughter to be. Heck - I want to be Sara! Fyn is strong, mysterious and humble. While he could easily be just another knight in shining armour, he falls for the one girl who, for the most part, doesn't need one...or want one.

Loaded with smart, witty heroes and creepy villains - plus tons of action and high tech, The Key is a page-turner and just plain fun! If you love Star Trek, Dr. Who and you're looking for a book that takes you away from it all and leaves you smiling, this is the book for you.

After I wrote this review, I asked Pauline if she ever served in the military. Her ease with military lingo and battle scenes read to me like firsthand knowledge. Check out this link for her answer:http://www.paulinebjones.com/behindth...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Key.