Kristalia 's Reviews > Dreams of Gods & Monsters

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor

Final rating: 5/5 stars

note: silkette is my irl friend and she gave me permission to use her photos for making this ♥

"In the legends, chimaera were sprung from tears and seraphim from blood, but in this moment they are, all of them, children of regret."

Another series that I love comes to an end. This makes me very sad, because there won't be more adventures with my favorite characters (unless the author decide to make a spin off sequel). Anyway, i have to say that i really enjoyed this book , and this series in general, and most of all: i really love Taylor's writing style. Her beautiful writing and story telling is what really made me love this series so much. Her characters as well of course.

And now, reading the final book, I have to say that it did not disappoint and that it was everything I have hoped for and expected (+ a large amount of angst, i really love angsty stories).

What can i say more: everything about it was absolutely beautiful. Although, it did have one minus: introduction of some characters who were related to the side story going on in the background, which turned out to be a hint for possible future books in this world (not that I would mind, I actually liked it).

CHARACTERS :

Akiva & Karou :

Ah, one of the best things in this series is the love between these two, if you ask me. The second one being the whole world building and it's story. Anyway, I fell in love with these two and they made me sad, they made me laugh and that's all that mattered.

Mik, Zuzana, Liraz & Ziri :

These four also count as my favorite characters: Mik & Zuzana were particually interesting and adorable, and their comments and romance were adorable and interesting and they made me laugh so much. (especially during the Night of Cake & Puppets, it was just way to cute. As for the other two, Ziri and Liraz, they were as awesome as they were before, Liraz was strong and dependable as always and Ziri was doing his best to fit in the role of being the White Wolf (which wasn't easy) and I loved him a lot. (view spoiler).

Everyone else :

As always, Jael and Razgut were annoying me, but the unexpected stuff was inserting POVs of characters i didn't particularly care about (like Eliza ... sorry). But, everything fell into it's place and it was a nice execution.

____________________________________________

OVERALL :
____________________________________________

Read this series, it's different, unique, it's a high fantasy + paranormal, and it's everything i love. No big love triangles, just a romance, war, sadness, regret and happy stuff.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

“Let me help you,” he had pled back at the caves, when Karou had told him what work lay ahead for her. “It’s all I want, to be beside you, helping you. If it takes forever, all the better, if it’s forever with you.”

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

MY DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE REVIEWS:

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1)
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #3)

This review can be found on my blog: infinity-of-time.blogspot.com also known as...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of Gods & Monsters.

May 21, 2012 – Shelved

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fantastic review!

aria [dear darling reader] I stopped at book one unfortunately... :(
Great review though! :)

Kristalia Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) wrote: "I stopped at book one unfortunately... :(
Great review though! :)"

DOn't give up dear, i did the same at first but then i was mindblown and the rest of the books did not disappoint :D

Lisa wrote: "Fantastic review!"

Hershey Awesome review!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Love your review hon!xD

Kristalia Jo wrote: "Love your review hon!xD"

thanks ^_^

Hershey wrote: "Awesome review!

I'm planning to re-read the whole series. I really seem to have forgotten bits and pieces and that completely irked me while reading the third one! So, gonna read 'em all again!"

Ah, have fun ^_^
i actually planned to do that too but had no time
so i just read bits and pieces ^_^

Kristalia thanks ^_^

message 8: by Antonella (new) - added it

Antonella god i have to read book 2 and this one! I stoped in the first one because I haven't got time, but probably the next books that I'll reed would be from this series! thanks for the review kristalia!

Kristalia Antonella wrote: "god i have to read book 2 and this one! I stoped in the first one because I haven't got time, but probably the next books that I'll reed would be from this series! thanks for the review kristalia!"

Thank you and I'm glad :) i really love this series ^_^

Feminista Lovely review Kris! I loved this book.

Kristalia thanks dear ^_^