Andrew Doohan's Reviews > See Delphi and Die

See Delphi and Die by Lindsey Davis

bookshelves: kindle
Read 2 times. Last read May 16, 2020 to June 3, 2020.

Our hero, Marcus Didius Falco, and his wife, Helena Justina, take a trip to Greece, to see the sites, visit sacred shrines...and to find a killer!

Prompted by familial commitments, Falco and entourage visit all the sites that one might expect to visit during first century Greece - Olympia, Corinth, Delphi, Athens - in search of a killer who had been preying on young women who were also travelling. Venturing into the world of 'budget travels and tours', we discover not only the identity of the killer (at the end) but also the long history of travel company who were seeking to make profits by promising much but delivering the very basics.

Along with the identity of the killer, our hero also uncovers the beauty of ancient Greece, or rather what's left after the Romans have conquered and ravaged ancient Greece. The situation is beautifully captured in the descriptive writing of Lindsey Davis. The ongoing lives of our well-loved characters is always interesting to follow with each volume of the ongoing series of adventures of Rome's most well-known informer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See Delphi and Die.

Finished Reading