Adele Downs's Reviews > What I Know

What I Know by Miranda  Smith

19160349

5 Stars!

Good Girl is a terrific story! I rarely read a book all the way through in one or two sittings, but this novel became an exception. I could hardly wait to see what happened next with Della, a wholly believable and sympathetic character. Della is a teacher who is able to see what others can't when it comes to spotting abnormal behavior. When she becomes convinced one of her students is a dangerous psychopath, she has a tough time convincing colleagues there's a reason for concern. No one believes her.

One of the things I liked best about this story was the supportive and loving relationship between Della and her husband Danny. It was sooooo refreshing to read a thriller where the husband is actually a good guy. Even when he doubted Della's claims about one of her students being potentially dangerous, he didn't belittle her concerns. He wanted her to be careful, but remained firmly on her side.

The Good Girl is well written, well paced, and thoroughly entertaining. Loved it! Many thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for providing an ARC to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Know.

Started Reading