Susan65's Reviews > Stars & Stripes

May 20, 2012

bookshelves: absolute-favorites
Read from August 11 to 12, 2012

Edited for audio review.

Review – Book: Absolutely loved it. My new favorite book in the series…again.
I keep thinking that the awesomeness that is Ty and Zane cannot possibly continue, but it does.

This one starts off with a bang…heads straight into OMFG territory (thanks to Chester).. and then continues with the best sex scene ever with Ty wearing nothing but his compass rose necklace and his new Stetson, pulled down low, with a smirk on his face. OMG I loved that, and was the main reason I couldn’t wait to listen to this new audio book.

So much about this one story I loved, including the Smith & Wesson attack scene…too funny. We have humor and love and sensuality galore, plus the requisite alpha boys going all FBI on the bad guys.

Poor Ty gets his ass handed to him in this one…a lot, but no matter what, he comes up with the jokes and quick come backs to get us laughing. I love the new and improved Zane and am so glad he got past his stoicism and started showing emotions. At least now we know where he got that original coldness from. What a bitch his mother is, I hated her, but his dad, Harrison, was pure gold.

So to summarize: I am still in love with Ty and Zane and can not wait to listen to the next one; Ty has the best family ever, including the best brother; and Zane is the perfect boyfriend for Ty and together forever seems very possible now; cats…the big ones and the little ones are awesome; and horses are twitchy and horrible…poor Ty. Seriously, he’s perfect.

Review – Audio: So, we have a new narrator for the last four books in the series, and I am thrilled. JF Harding has a smooth voice and does an incredible job of bringing this series back to life. I loved both his Ty and Zane voices, and he does an amazing job of putting just the right amount of emotion and passion into his performance. I am always nervous with a narration change in the middle of a series, but in this case it paid off. Looking forward to hearing the next book.

The Blogger Girls

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars & Stripes.

Quotes Susan65 Liked

Abigail Roux
“I love you," Ty said out of the blue, his voice almost sing-song.
Zane laughed. "You're drunk."
"I loved you before I was drunk.”
Abigail Roux, Stars & Stripes

Victoria Ditto to everything :)

Susan65 :-)) thanks

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book Naked with only a Stetson...gotta get this ASAP!!

Susan65 You have no idea....i'm still drooling.

Leigh Yay, Susan for 5 stars!! Can't wait to read it!!! I'm finishing up Special Forces - Mercenaries II, and think I will read S&S when I'm done, before heading into Veterans.

Amanda - you gotta read this series from the start...they constantly build on each other. You will LOVE Ty and Zane. **swoon**

Susan65 She is on book one but I'm sure she will love them.

OMG Leigh, you are gonna be so ready for some Ty and Zane loving after reading SF's. LOL

Leigh LOL...i know!!! i have 5% left in Mercenaries, and my tummy is a ball full of knots!! :S

Amber I finished this book late last night and I completely agree with you. I really loved this book!

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book Leigh wrote: "Yay, Susan for 5 stars!! Can't wait to read it!!! I'm finishing up Special Forces - Mercenaries II, and think I will read S&S when I'm done, before heading into Veterans.

Amanda - you gotta read..."

I'm gonna try to finish 1st book this weekend.

Leigh Amanda K wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Yay, Susan for 5 stars!! Can't wait to read it!!! I'm finishing up Special Forces - Mercenaries II, and think I will read S&S when I'm done, before heading into Veterans.

Amanda - ..."

YAYAYAYAY!!! the series only gets better and better and better!!