Opal's Reviews > Tempt

Tempt by Claire Farrell

May 20, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read on May 21, 2012

(tiny spoilers in this review)

She’s back. Ava is back. She’s chasing Becca down and nothing is going to stop her. She’ll go to the ends of the Earth if need be. Liverpool to be exact.

It’s good to see that the sixteen-year-old Ava is in the closet and the ass-kicking Ava is back in the forefront. She’s still vulnerable and she still cares about humans to a fault. She also cares about her friends. I like that about her though.

Her relationship with Peter gets leveled up a notch thanks to some supernatural powers. It still makes things heated and interesting. Where there’s smoke there’s fire, right?

We learn more about Eddie and even though his level of mystery has lessened he remains an enigma. He’s a powerhouse and his agenda is still a riddle. Every time I learn something about him, I end up with even more questions. I like that about his character. He constantly keeps me interested.

In fact, all the supporting characters are interesting and fascinating, with the exception of Carl. Carl is more like the warm cup of cocoa on a cold day. He’s the family Ava desperately needs. The security she wants. He’s safe.

Even if it weren’t for the characters in the story, I would have kept reading for the plot. It was well-paced. It wasn’t action packed but it was still nicely paced.

I’m still left with questions about Ava and her nephilim ancestry and whether or not there are more like her out there. I’ll just have to wait for book four to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempt.

05/21/2012