Becky R.'s Reviews > Just Say Yes

Just Say Yes by Phillipa Ashley

May 20, 2012

What is not to love about a Phillipa Ashley novel? Honest. Her heroes make you swoon and her plots feel familiar, have an unexpected twist, but always end up feeling satisfying. In this novel, Lucy Gibson has a shocking situation happen with her reality-star winning boyfriend that has her feeling stunned and in need of some space to think. We've all been there--meaning the needing space thing. What happens when you're not given a chance to think or people jump to conclusions too soon?

Besides making me feel like I want to move to England--once again--this book made me feel a range of emotions that pulled me into the story. The people she meets in Cornwall add more depth to Lucy's story and I wanted even more from them. These characters were great and added that contrast to Lucy's fast-paced life back in London. I won't lie though. There was one scene on a topless beach that had me flipping pages back to make sure I read it right. Perhaps my naivete with nude/topless beaches made me think I was reading it wrong, but that was one shocking moment that threw me and would have had me snorting out my beverage if I'd been drinking one at the time. (Made you curious now, right?) Regardless, this wasn't a gratuitous book, just filled with some interesting twists and turns.

Overall, I have become a real fan of Phillipa Ashley's novels. I like her characters and interesting stories. Also, as a serious Anglophile, I love being introduced to parts of England I wouldn't get to go to normally. In this case, we went from London right on down to the seaside in Cornwall. Honestly, I have to get back to England soon. If you're looking for a great summer read, with a bit of romance and a happy ending, then this novel and all of Phillipa Ashley's other novels will surely fit the bill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Say Yes.

May 20, 2012 – Started Reading