Paige Cloud's Reviews > Memory of Dragons

Memory of Dragons by Michael G. Munz

112920634

I received this book as an eARC in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I think this is a great book for those who enjoy both adult and YA fantasy. Munz successfully crafts a nice, easy to follow story that hosts elements fans of both genres will appreciate.

Austin, our main character, sets off to Europe to follow the footsteps of his girlfriend Rhi who died a year before. While tracing her path, he sets of on an epic adventure involving magic, dragons, and a sassy barista named Corinna. Austin and Corinna have a great dynamic together. Austin, the more cautious and logical type, is artfully juxtaposed with Corinna, a more carefree heroine. Armed with Rhi’s memory, Corinna helps Austin discover Rhi’s past and the magic surrounding it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Munz’s storytelling isn’t too fast or too slow but has a nice pace throughout the book. The story itself is unique, bringing together fantasy novels about other worlds with our own. I like the characters and their development, although I wish there was more romantic development in the novel (I’m a romantic at heart, what can I say?). With plenty of action and magic, Austin’s journey is one that will satisfy all fantasy readers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memory of Dragons.

Started Reading