T.R. Graves's Reviews > Torment

Torment by Lauren Kate

May 20, 2012

Torment is a strong follow-up to Fallen. In it, we are reunited with our favorite characters (Luce, Daniel, and Cameron) and are introduced to several new ones (Miles and Shelby), who are memorable enough for us to long to see - much - more of them in future books.

Torment's greatness lies in the way the readers are gradually and gently introduced to Luce's abilities, her new world, and her and Daniel's history. There's is one filled with love, passion, and grief.

As with Fallen, I'm constantly perplexed about which characters to trust and love and which ones I should distrust and hate. I'm completely sympathetic to Luce's dilemmas when it comes to particular conflict. At the same time, I enjoyed the level of suspense creating by the unknown because it makes this story more amazing and tender and tumultuous.

For those looking for a young adult series that can be read by almost anyone, the Fallen series is for you. It's filled with love and action. It rises above other stories by proving great books don't have to be consumed with sex and profanity in order to get the world's attention. For that, I applaud Lauren Kate.

T.R. Graves
Warriors of the Cross
Guardians of the Cross
Enemies of the Cross
Left
Grave Bound
Underground
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torment.