Mrugesh's Reviews > A Dance with Dragons

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

May 20, 2012

liked it

Started off brilliantly and was spectacular till the characters from 'Feast' returned. I felt that it lost much of the momentum thereafter. The end doesn't feel like a cliffhanger either - just unfinished stories.

Reduced to three stars. I've just realised that this book together with 'Crows' are to ASoIaF as The Order of the Phoenix is to Harry Potter. Some important characters' story lines need not have been so drawn out and wasteful to finally come to a predictable turn. These two books should most definitely have been one book instead. I fear that by the end of the series,these books will feel a little pointless. The problem is that while I'd originally awarded four stars for the entertainment value, in the context of the whole series, it's a letdown. Too much time spent on pointless fluff I'm afraid. Of course I'll be really glad to be proved wrong by the next couple of books and restore this book to four stars. How fickle of me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dance with Dragons.

May 20, 2012 – Started Reading
May 20, 2012 – Shelved
May 20, 2012 –
page 142
May 22, 2012 –
page 647
62.21% "Brilliant! Can't keep it down!"
May 26, 2012 – Finished Reading