Donna's Reviews > Behemoth

Behemoth by Jonathan C. Leicht

May 20, 2012

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012

Large animals are being gored to death on a game reserve in Kenya. The evidence left behind points to a mysterious predator that dates back to the days of dinosaurs. Now, Jim Thompson, the game warden, and his staff must find this deadly predator and stop it from killing any other animals, or any of the people who visit the park. What will be the outcome of following the trail of the "Behemoth"?

There are others who are interested in hunting the dinosaurs natives speak about. Stephen Gregory was a college professor. His forced resignation due to his beliefs caught the eye of an admirer and he is offered the quest of a lifetime. The costs will be covered, but there is also the question of military and tribal disquiet in the jungle. Can Stephen afford to pass up the opportunity to prove that what he has been teaching is based in fact? Where will the journey take him?

This is an interesting book and nudges us to answer some questions. Do dinosaurs still live among us? Are the stories of native tribes true? That is something each person has to uncover for himself. This book entertains the notion in an interesting, captivating, fictionalized way. The cover gives you a sense of foreboding and excitement. It is a fun read and I recommend it to anyone who loves books like, "Jurassic Park." I received my free review copy from the Book Sneeze program for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behemoth.