Susan Hampson's Reviews > Act of Murder

Act of Murder by John      Bishop

This is a brilliant start to a new series featuring Doc Jim Bob Brady as he turns his attention to solving the hit and run of one of his neighbours' children, ten-year-old Stevie who he, unfortunately, could not save. Stevie had a condition where he had been born with brittle bones, 'Osteogenesis imperfecta' but the degree which he had it let him live a pretty normal life. It soon becomes apparent that it was no accident that killed Stevie, someone had run him down intentionally.
A chance meeting with an old buddy of Brady leads him to see the postmortem of another child with the same medical condition as Stevie but a much more severe form of the bone disease. The likeness to Stevie can't be pushed aside easily so with a few tests it is found out that the boys were actually twins.
The story is told in the first person, not something I am really fond of, to be honest, but the actual story just fascinated me from the beginning. I loved the mix of Brady's work as an orthopaedic specialist and the cases that he was dealing with, to his family life with his wife Mary Louise, an absolute star in this book and his twenty-year-old techno son J.J. who was a whizz at getting into places without evening leaving his computer.
What an incredible story this turned out to be, it really knocked me for six. There is some humour thrown in too to lighten the story. A really well-balanced book that kept me entertained on every level. Looking forward to Brady's next investigation.
I wish to the Anna Sacca of FSB Associates for an e-copy of this book which I have reviewed honestly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act of Murder.

April 15, 2020 – Started Reading
April 15, 2020 – Finished Reading
May 11, 2020 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Zain (new)