Sebrina 's Reviews > Wanderlove

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

Recommended for: people who have an itch to travel or a love for art

One of the ways that Ms. Hubbard has defined the term Wanderlove is "... the places you get. The places that stick in your heart." For me, those are the perfect words to describe Wanderlove the book as well!

Now I may be a little partial to the premise of this story since 1) I have always wanted to be a backpacker and 2) Kimya Dawson's My Rollercoaster is the soundtrack to my life. In fact, that song is a pretty decent definition of Wanderlove itself. But I digress... Wanderlove is a story that pulls you in right from the first chapter and is told in such beautiful writing and description that you only wish you could be in all the gorgeous places Kirsten so beautifully describes.

A special touch to Kirsten's writing of this book is how autobiographical it fells. She is a backpacker who has traveled to all the places she writes about in Wanderlove and she is also an artist who took a break for a while like Bria. But you get to see her mega drawing skills throughout this book!

One of my favorite parts is that Wanderlove has gone interactive as well. Kirsten has set up a website where people have shared their own special places... if you pay attention you will even find mine ;)

I could go on and on about how much I love this book, but I think everyone just needs to pick up a copy and experience it for themselves. It's like travel after all... words just can't equate to being there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderlove.

May 7, 2012 – Started Reading