Debbie's Reviews > Total Memory Makeover: Uncover Your Past, Take Charge of Your Future

Total Memory Makeover by Marilu Henner

May 19, 2012

did not like it

I was excited about this book and gave it a good try, but ultimately I was disappointed. Ms. Henner repeats herself over and over, as though she's being paid by the word. (I guess in a way, she is!) Things she told us about at the beginning pop up over and over again, and I found that annoying. I thought it was interesting that (in a book where she promises we'll be able to remember every class on our high school schedules no matter how old we are) she didn't think we could remember the same fact from one chapter to the next! The quizzes did nothing for me, and I felt as though I was slogging through pages and pages trying to get to......something. "Let's get on with it!", was the phrase that kept occurring to me. For many, many pages she talks about how she's going to help the reader improve his/her memory, but it seemed to me like a lot of talk and very little action. I started skimming toward the end, ultimately finished it, but was left feeling very unsatisfied. I wish I had used that time to read something more worthwhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Total Memory Makeover.