Kayla's Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

May 19, 2012

Read from July 15 to 19, 2012

Holy s*** I LOVED this book. This is my first time reading a Sci-Fi/Fantasy type book and OMFG Heather Anastasui has rocked my world. I have seen many mixed reviews and a lot of people didn't like this book but I honestly loved it! Zoe kept me super interested the whole time... I couldn't stop flipping the pages.

Zoel is apart of the Community where everyone is inserted with a V-Chip which keeps them from feeling human emotions and connected to "The Link". That is until she starts "Glitching" and feeling human emotions... Zoe knows she should report herself to be fixed or deactivated but everyday she Glitches she becomes more aware that the things around her aren't normal.

Adrien is also a Glitcher who sees the future, and he has seen Zoe in his visions for quite a while. When he rescues Zoe and takes her to the Surface and tries to explain everything to her she almost dies from a mold allergy, which means that Adrien has to take her back to the Community. Before she heads back Adrien has someone install her with with software that will make her forget so she doesn't get caught for being anomalous. On the other hand you have Max who sees Zoe everyday at school, and she soon finds out he too is a Glitcher and has a thing for her. I'm serious I laughed to freaking hard when he asked her to see her genitalia hahahahaha!

To be quite honest I DO NOT LIKE MAX ONE BIT! Not from the time that she first found out he was a Glitcher and I didn't understand why until later in the book. I am definitely TEAM ADRIEN. Adrien is so polite and he acts like a gentlemen. He is super sweet and when him and Zoe kiss OMG I totally melt! They almost get caught for being anomolous SO MANY times and it kept me on the edge of my seat and cringing the WHOLE ENTIRE time! I LOVED the adrenline rush that this book gave me... I felt like there was CONSTANT action. There was not one dull moment in this book. So many secrets going on that the Community doesn't want anyone to know about, it's CRAZY!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK so much. You need to buy it and give it a chance. Sure it may not be everyone's cup of tea... which is good because I don't even like tea. This book was like the best Mocha Frapp I've ever had in my life. So yeah... pick it up read it and see if it's for you... like I say "you'll never know until you try".

e-book provided by publisher for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.

07/15/2012 page 28