preppea's Reviews > All The Wrong Reasons

All The Wrong Reasons by J.L. Paul

liked it
bookshelves: romance, contemporary, zz-reviewed

I really debated whether to give this 3 or 4 stars and I'd have given it 3.5 if I could. I loved the middle of this story and the entire romance/journey was entertaining and kept my interest. The only reason I feel like I have to leave it at a solid 3 stars is that I felt the beginning and ending were just unbelievable to me and as a result I found myself continuously questioning things instead of just being immersed in the story. The way Lucas and Irelyn met felt especially contrived and I didn't see why what they had on their first encounter would have left a lingering impression to intrigue the desirable lead singer of a popular band. And then to have Irelyn's experienced roommate act like it was inevitable that he would be interested and wanting to know more about Irelyn seemed unrealistic to me as well - as someone who has hooked up with a lot of guys, wouldn't she expect him to see Irelyn as a one night stand? Anyway, that was the kind of thoughts that kept me from immersing myself 100% as I just thought it was a little too convenient... But I should also say that despite the beginning and ending, the middle was so good that it kept me wanting more and I would still definitely recommend this read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All The Wrong Reasons.

May 18, 2012 – Shelved