Amanda Leon's Reviews > Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

did not like it
bookshelves: read-in-2012

I skimmed through this. I read the Twilight series a long time ago, about a year before the movie came out and became huge deal that it did. Twilight influenced a lot of YA and you still see its influence today. I honestly don't think that's a good thing because the whole controlling-brooding-abusive boyfriend and the girl who has no backbone thing is not only boring to read but downright insulting. Although, there's been books like this before Twilight but you get my point. I remember in 2008 when the Midnight Sun draft leaked and i still held moderate attention to the fandom and i found Edward's POV refreshing and intresting. Reading this almost FOUR YEARS LATER, i realized how juvenile this whole saga this. Maybe its the media but Edward, Bella, Jacob, The Cullen Family etc seem like such jokes for characters. Edward's POV is as boring and monotone as Bella with just more sarcasm. Reading this the whole time i wonder if Stephanie Meyer really genuinely loves the world that she created and can stand behind it or just thinks it's crap and is enjoying the cash cow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Sun.

May 18, 2012 – Started Reading