J.L.'s Reviews > Writing Fiction for Dummies

Writing Fiction for Dummies by Randy Ingermanson

May 18, 2012

Read from May 18 to June 02, 2012

I do not appreciate being in the “Dummies” target market, but Writing Fiction for Dummies has been a great help to me, so if the shoe fits...

As a visitor to Randy Ingermanson’s site, I was familiar with some of its material, but his book takes learning how to write compelling fiction to a whole new level.

No book will help you do the work and, make no mistake, writing a novel is a lot of work. But if you want a comprehensive guide to: 1) help you select an approach to writing, 2) create a compelling story, characters, and setting, 3) learn to edit your novel, 4) pitch your finished manuscript to agents and publishers, and 5) a whole lot more, this is your book.

Writing Fiction for Dummies is a must read for first-time novelists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Writing Fiction for Dummies.

message 1: by Jodi (new)

Jodi The "Dummies" books are great training manuals. I've used them with consultants in the past. However I wish they didn't infer that the readers are dummies.

J.L. Jodi wrote: "The "Dummies" books are great training manuals. I've used them with consultants in the past. However I wish they didn't infer that the readers are dummies."

I agree and had planned to make a similar comment in my review (whenever I get a chance to write it). Thanks for the comment.