Rita's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

May 18, 2012

Read in May, 2012

This is my first Sophie Kinsella book. It didn't disappoint. I am usually hesitant to read Chick Lit books because I really can't relate. I think everyone has found themselves in Poppy's situation sometime in their life.

The story is about the character, Poppy, who loses her engagement ring during a hotel fire and then her phone is stolen. She finds a phone in the trash bin. Its belongs to an ex PA of an executive Sam Roxton. Poppy needs the phone so she can get word if her ring is found. She agrees to send Sam his messages so she can keep the phone (Sam seems to have little choice).

Poppy and her e-mail obsession reminds of the he times my husband and I would e-mail each other constantly when we were students. We used to let me have his password and then once you get starting reading e-mails you can't stop. I soo can relate to to Poppy.

I found Sam's text message to the wedding guest at the end so unpredictable and sweet. Poppy's response of.."He's the one I think about. All the time. He's the voice I want to hear..When the phone bleeps , I hope its him". rings so true in most new relationships.

Very good read. I actually have re-read it. I will have to read one of Sophie Kinsella other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.