Tina Peterson's Reviews > My Royal Pain Quest

My Royal Pain Quest by Laura Lond

May 18, 2012

I own a copy

I think I actually liked the sequel better than my original review of the 1st book in the series. I had some trouble getting 'into' both books but with persistence I found a book I really enjoyed. Bk 2 ~ My Royal Pain Quest is a continuation of Lord Arkus' story only this time the book opens with him having taken on the responsibility of Jarvi the Sparkling in Book 1 after he is injured and basically in a coma. Up until this book opens Lord Arkus has taken it upon himself to find a way to wake up Jarvi and help him heal from an unknown injury.

He comes across a series of stories that talk about a way that may help Jarvi - unfortunately no one knows if it's a fairy tale or if it will really work. The solution? Lord Arkus needs to go on a quest to do 3 heroic deeds - unfortunately he hasn't any idea what those are and how to find them. Along the way he meets new friends, takes on the responsibility to help old enemies and ends up meeting a special young woman with a secret of her own.

This is a FUN adventure story for kids 9+. There's lots of adventure, magic & mystical creatures and more! After you get over the initial "introduction" of the book it speeds up and with the many new characters the book gets better and better. I can't help but wonder what's going to happen in the next book when it comes out (and there will be at least 1 more book)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Royal Pain Quest.