Diayll's Reviews > Pretty In Black

Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Blog Tour
Reviewer: Heather

Pretty in Black is about a young woman named Ellie who has lost her sister, her perfect life, and she is seeking death. Marcus Marble saves her in more ways than she knew she needed saving. But he has a secret, many secrets, that he’s keeping from her.

To further the story, Ellie is also a Corvidae hunter, and her purpose is to hunt down the Evermore. She is warned that if she fails, or allows one to live, that she too would be hunted down. Can she come to terms with this crazy notion? Will she run when Marcus uncovers his great secrets?

I would have enjoyed more action, more of the Evermore and Corvidae story. I think it’s why I wasn’t overly thrilled after I finished reading. It’s entirely possible that there will be more in the future, and I would gladly read it. Instead we got more of the love story between Ellie and Marcus, which was very well written. I enjoyed the dark twists, the forbidden love, as well as the poetic edge that was taken.

I was also a bit confused by the ending when the author switched the point-of-view. It took me a few pages to realize this, but once it registered in my brain all was well again. I’m hoping that there is more to this story, and that this really only the beginning.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty In Black.

May 18, 2012 – Shelved