David's Reviews > Sabbath Keeping: Finding Freedom in the Rhythms of Rest

Sabbath Keeping by Lynne M. Baab

bookshelves: deeper-life, pastoral-health, sabbatical, solitude, spiritual-disciplines, spiritual-formation
Recommended for: Anyone interested in Sabbath, rest, sabbaticals

Sabbath Keeping is a fresh look at an important antidote to our chronic busyness.

I love it that she does not approach the topic from the vantage-point of "law." Rather, she comes at it from a seasonal metaphor. Life is full of seasons. Sabbath rest is an organic, season in our week. It is a rhythm of life. Those who participate in this special gift of God--one day out of seven--experience a harvest of peace and joy in the midst of their lives.

She also gives practical helps for those interested in going deeper or launching into a Sabbath. She gives multiple solutions for those who want to move out of the cultural torrent, to the still waters of a deeper spirituality.

Since I have been keeping a Sabbath with my wife for two years now, I find her suggestions and conclusions to be right on target. I highly recommend this book to veterans or those just thinking about the need for a quiet space in their week.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabbath Keeping.

May 18, 2012 – Started Reading