RP Madison's Reviews > Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked

Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked by Christa Carmen

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read May 5, 2020 to May 12, 2020.

After reading countless horror anthologies for the course of my entire life it's refreshing to see a sole woman's name under the title. The stories themselves were extremely mixed even though they share many common threads. I enjoyed aspects of almost every one of them but often found myself wishing for more in one way or another. Thirsty Creatures was a great opener but The One Who Answers The Door feels like a familiar beginning to unfinished story. For a moment I thought she might give us an all female version of The Halloween Tree but all we got was The Halloween Knock. Lady of the Flies for example had a completely amazing set up but the ending left me feeling abandoned. The same thing could be said for a few of these tales which I found often puttered out after a loud start. This in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing as I literally want more from this author than she's giving us. Give us more, Christa! Red Room & This Our Angry Train were my favorites of the bunch. 3 1/2 stars if I could.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
May 5, 2020 – Started Reading
May 5, 2020 – Shelved
May 12, 2020 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
May 12, 2020 – Finished Reading