Veronica ⭐️'s Reviews > Prey

Prey by L.A. Larkin

bookshelves: aww-2020, australian-author, crime, 2020

*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
Prey is the second book in the Olivia Wolfe series by L.A. Larkin.
Olivia Wolfe is an investigative journalist that goes above and beyond the initial hunt for a
good story. She wants truths revealed and criminals outed even if it means putting her own life in danger.

Prey reads quite well as a stand alone however there are mentions of events from the previous book, Devour.

On the trail of what looks like a money laundering operation with a prominent British MP involved, Wolfe heads to South Africa to investigate links to a school Head Master. Det Dan Casburn, a British SO24 officer, is also sent to South Africa to investigate. Casburn warns Wolfe off but she is relentless in her pursuit to uncover this story of corruption.

As her investigations continue, those involved are soon linked to a number of gruesome murders and a psychopathic killer with a fascination for the dark web.

Prey is a grisly tale of corruption, murder, money laundering and animal paoching that spans continents.
Olivia Wolfe is a protagonist not to be messed with and I loved her steel and determination, although I did find myself willing her to give up and go home as my nerves were continually on edge.

Fast paced, chilling and tense, Prey is not for the squeamish.
*My thanks to the author for my copy to read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prey.

May 5, 2020 – Shelved
May 13, 2020 – Started Reading
May 13, 2020 –
page 43
May 18, 2020 –
page 190
May 20, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Larkin Thanks so much for this insightful and detailed review. So happy you found it 'fast paced chilling and tense'!

Veronica ⭐️ L.A. wrote: "Thanks so much for this insightful and detailed review. So happy you found it 'fast paced chilling and tense'!"

My pleasure L.A.