Melissa's Reviews > The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer.

The Hormone Diet by Natasha Turner

May 17, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: health-wellness
Read in November, 2011 — I own a copy

Turner gives a good basic background on endocrine imbalances and even helps the reader pinpoint what hormones their body is producing in excess or not enough of. I found some of her suggestion very helpful and she shed some new light on inflammation in the body, but over all the book wasn't well put together. It could be better formatted for easier understanding and flow. She doesn't make certain things clear, e.g. She clearly states to avoid caffeine yet a chapter or so later she encourages readers to drink green tea, but gives no explanation or connection. l Also, I didn't care for her gentle nudge to pursue the law of attraction as a way to de-stress and to the point of endorsing "The Secret." I will say I would encourage women with PCOS to read this book. It really opens your eyes to see what is happening day to day inside your body. Another GREAT read in the area of hormones and brain chemistry is Dr. Eric Braverman book "The Younger Thinner You." He hits on dopamine, acetylcholine, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) an serotonin and how food effects them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hormone Diet.