Beth's Reviews > Bring Up the Bodies

Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

May 17, 2012

Read from May 17 to 31, 2012

Not quite as meaty as Wolf Hall, but every bit as enjoyable. Not as long, either -- I could've gone on for another two hundred pages!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bring Up the Bodies.

Fiona715 Have this on my shelf saved for the Memorial Day weekend. Cannot wait to read it -- loved the first book so much!

Beth I did too! I was expecting it to be a book I felt virtuous reading as opposed to one I really enjoyed. And it turned out to be both. The second book is just as much of a page turner as the first. And for someone like you with a strong love of Tudor history, I'm sure it'll be twice as enjoyable!

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi Reisfeld i didn't read the first one -- which is probably where I'd start. Loved the Phillipa Gregory books which take on the same time period -- dunno if these are similar or not, but plan on finding out.

Fiona715 I didn't get to start this when I'd hoped but I'm reading it in spurts now and loving it. She's such an amazing writer.

Randi, be sure to read the first one. I love Phillipa Gregory but this is very different -- not to take away from the Gregory, but this feels more accurate and realistic. Wonderful, wonderful language. Evocative scenes. Complex characters. LOVE these books.

message 5: by Randi (new)

Randi Reisfeld The first one it is! Thanx for rec.