Sandra's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

May 17, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: historical, own, pnr-uf
Read on July 08, 2013

To anyone who has read and enjoyed Pride & Prejudice this is a confronting read. It is a very interesting take on such a classic and I'm unsure whether I really enjoyed it or not, hence the 3 stars.

The zombies appear to come from some sort of plague that I think is only in England.

Miss Elizabeth Bennett and her sisters have mastered the deadly arts and have become the King's Hertfordshire Protectors against the undeadly ie Zombies. The Bennett girls have been to the Shaolin Temple to learn how to kill and they all wear daggers in ankle sheaths at all times. They would prefer Katanas but that is considered too unladylike.

So all the important parts of the book remain, even a lot of the dialogue, just with added bloodthirstiness. And I don't mean the zombies.

The zombies kill ordinary people all the time, however, none of the Bennett girls seem to have any trouble, even the usually shy Jane is extremely proficient in dispatching them.

A part I really enjoyed was the demise of Mr Collins, always really disliked that pompous man!! LOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.