Gretchen's Reviews > A Bend in the Road

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

F 50x66
May 17, 2012

Two years ago a man named Miles Ryan lost his wife in a hit and run accident. No one was there to see it and there was no evidence to help him find the criminal. Miles is a Deputy Sheriff in the town of New Bern, North Carolina. Miles Ryan spent the next two years of his life lost in the file that contained everything about Missy's death. Too occupied with the file to live out his own life, so he tries through his son Jonah.

Sarah Andrews wanted nothing more in life than to show the same kind of love her parents had showed her for years. Sarah married Michael. They were deeply in love, or so she thought. When they tried to move their relationship to the next level and have children, she wasn't able to and Michael didn't like that. They slowly but surely drifted apart and ended their relationship with a divorce.

Sarah starts over in the town of New Bern and becomes Jonah's elementary school teacher. She is very sympathetic when it comes to his grief, but becomes very concerned because he has fallen so far behind the other kids. Miles agrees to meet with Sarah to discuss further actions that need to be taken. Miles and Sarah both felt the instant attraction and couldn't deny it. As they begin to fall in love they question whether or not this is right for them and Jonah. Then there is the "Italicized" individual that becomes known to have killed Missy in the hit and run accident but still remains anonymous. As their love blossoms it is then put on hold when Miles has a lead on who killed his wife in a hit and run accident.

Nicholas Sparks is an amazing writer and is able to write a wonderful romantic story full of action and suspense that leaves the reader wanting more. I couldn't put the book down because I couldn't get enough. The story is magical as two walking wounded heal by the power of love. I would recommend this book to anyone that asks. It's a great book to cozy up with a warm blanket to. There isn't any other book I could imagine myself reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bend in the Road.