Julie 's Reviews > Murder with Oolong Tea

Murder with Oolong Tea by Karen Rose Smith

bookshelves: 2020, cozy-mystery, e-book, netgalley, kensington

Murder with Oolong Tea by Karen Rose Smith is a 2020 Kensington publication.

Marvelous Characters and a Challenging Mystery!

Daisy is asked to provide the refreshments for a school faculty gathering, when Althea, an unpopular teacher with both her students, and her colleagues, is found dead.

The emotional toll of sleuthing weighs heavily on Daisy, and she is determined not to get involved in another murder, but, by now, she has gained a bit of a reputation as a natural crime solver.

As Daisy begins to gently explore areas of Althea’s life, she discovers some shocking information, few knew about. These revelations, widens the suspect list, making it much harder to pin down whodunit.

Meanwhile, Daisy has her hands full with the tea shop, and her family life is busier than ever. Jazzy has asked if her new friend, who is mostly unsupervised by the adults in her life, can stay with them for a while, plus, Daisy is worried she may have pushed Jonas away for good.

This is one of the best culinary cozy mystery series going right now. The mystery is interesting, well-plotted, and suspenseful, and as always, the characterizations are lovely, and the delicious foods and teas, create the welcoming atmosphere that keeps me coming back for more!

Rose does a great job balancing the mystery with the trials faced by the recurring characters!! Can’t wait to touch base with Daisy and her lovely family again!!

*Recipes included!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder with Oolong Tea.

May 2, 2020 – Shelved
December 8, 2020 – Shelved as: e-book
December 8, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 8, 2020 – Shelved as: kensington
December 8, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn Oh! I can't wait! Terrific review, Julie!

Julie Carolyn wrote: "Oh! I can't wait! Terrific review, Julie!"

Thank you very, Carolyn!! Looking forward to your thoughts!! 💖

message 3: by Angela M (new)

Angela M My friend, Julie , you know I don’t read mysteries, but I’m glad you had a 5 star read !

Julie Angela M wrote: "My friend, Julie , you know I don’t read mysteries, but I’m glad you had a 5 star read !"

Thank you very much, Angela!! 💖

message 5: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Julie! This sounds good. I am glad this series continues to deliver!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie! This sounds good. I am glad this series continues to deliver!"

Thank you very much, Meredith!! 💖

message 7: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Montalvo Great review, Julie! Look forward to reading it.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina Alway a hit when the recipes are included! Yay for the glowing 5 star review Julie!! 🌟💖🤩

message 9: by Paromjit (new)

Paromjit Fabulous as always, Julie. 💚💕

Julie Margaret wrote: "Great review, Julie! Look forward to reading it."

Thank you very much, Margaret!! Enjoy!! 💖

Julie Tina wrote: "Alway a hit when the recipes are included! Yay for the glowing 5 star review Julie!! 🌟💖🤩"

Thank you very much, Tina!! I love the recipes! 💖

Julie Paromjit wrote: "Fabulous as always, Julie. 💚💕"

Many thanks, dear Paromjit!! 💖

message 13: by Kimber (last edited Dec 09, 2020 04:46PM) (new)

Kimber Silver Delightful review, Julie! I'm glad you love this series. These books sound like fun. :-)

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen Fab review Julie!

message 15: by Yun (new) - added it

Yun Awesome review, Julie! This sounds so delightful and fun, and the title got me (I love oolong!). Haha definitely adding it to my tbr! :)

Julie Kimber wrote: "Delightful review, Julie! I'm glad you love this series. These books sound like fun. :-)"

Thanks so much, Kimber!! 💖

Julie Karen wrote: "Fab review Julie!"

Many thanks, dear Karen! 💖

Julie Yun wrote: "Awesome review, Julie! This sounds so delightful and fun, and the title got me (I love oolong!). Haha definitely adding it to my tbr! :)"

Thank you very much, Yun!! I love oolong too! Hope you enjoy the story!! 💖

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Great review, Julie!

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen Fab review, Julie!

Julie Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Brenda!! 💖

Julie Jen wrote: "Fab review, Julie!"

Thank you very much, Jen!! 💖

message 23: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Wonderful review Julie 💞

Julie Ceecee wrote: "Wonderful review Julie 💞"

Thanks so much, Ceecee!! 💖

message 25: by Mary Eve (new) - added it

Mary Eve Great review, Julie! I'll be checking this series out.

Julie Mary Eve wrote: "Great review, Julie! I'll be checking this series out."

Thank you Mary Eve!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have! 💖