Nancy's Reviews > Fountain of Age: Stories

Fountain of Age by Nancy Kress

May 16, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads, science-fiction, short-stories, aging, goodreads-author

5/16/12
This book magically appeared in my mail box so I will read it. Actually, I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the goodreads first-reads program and was sent to me in error when I won a different book (At the Mouth of the River of Bees: Stories). Still, when a science fiction book mysteriously arrives in a rural box served by a post office threatened with closure, it might be a sign of something. I'll keep you posted.

Update 5/19/12

I read a lot of science fiction when I was in high school but not much after that. I'm pretty sure I entered the goodreads first-reads contest for the book I expected because the cover caught my eye. Fountain of Age has a boring cover, so, though it appears it too was offered in first-reads, nothing pulled me in to enter to win it. Still, the book found me and I am glad. I enjoyed nearly every story, many of which deal in some way with aging. I must check out some other Nancy Kress books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fountain of Age.