Slobodan's Reviews > Lord of Chaos

Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan

May 16, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy

After a long break between reading The Fires of Heaven and starting Lord of Chaos, I began this edition in the series a bit apprehensive that it would be just as slow paced as the previous book. The prologue tickled my fancy, setting things in motion and catching up with the characters since their last set of adventures took place. Unfortunately, once again the story began to slow down to a snails pace. I started contemplating if I should continue, I had another 7 books to look forward to after finishing this one. Nearly halfway through the series,I decided to dog it out. Half way through the book it payed off! Some major events take place that have been long overdue and I felt that the story was finally moving along again. The pace oscillates leading to a grand finale that I quite enjoyed; finally some action! The epilogue purposely opens some interesting questions that are dying to be answered and left me with a lingering interest in picking up A Crown of Swords, more so than I had when I started Lord of Chaos.

One more thing I found positive about this book - Rand finally grows a pair!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Chaos.

May 16, 2012 – Started Reading