R. Brennan's Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

May 16, 2012

bookshelves: erotic, series, d-s, bdsm
Read from May 16 to August 15, 2012

After reading a few of Tiffany Reisz' previous "Original Sinners" stories, I thought I had a pretty good idea what to expect before I even picked up The Siren. Boy, I was wrong. (A common theme when I assume anything with respect to Ms. Reisz) While it has the BDSM elements and dark romantic style I have come to expect, this tale was much more than that.

The story follows MC, Nora Sutherlin, an erotic writer, who seeks the help of editor, Zach Easton to get her book ready for publication (in six weeks). He is unimpressed with her work ethic and unaware of her "night job". Her young assistant, Wes, however, is. And he doesn't like it one bit.

I'm not one to reveal plots or give spoilers in reviews, so I will stop there with respect to storyline. Suffice to say, things get a bit complicated.

What I will say is Tiffany Reisz has a gift for description and dialog. Her characters jump from the page and the story breathes with realism and life. The accolades she is receiving for this novel are well deserved.

This is a must read for erotic romance fans, especially those who still need to get the nasty taste of the mediocre "50 Shades" out of their systems.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Rebecca Hart Just finished - 5 stars (duh) Full review in the works.