Alex | | findingmontauk1's Reviews > We Wait

We Wait by Megan Taylor

bookshelves: lohf, owned

One of the blurbs on the back of the book has this to say about We Wait: "Hill House for the 21st century: haunting, dark, and very, very real." It's a statement that I can support!

Megan Taylor gives us a chilling and modern gothic horror story with We Wait. It is atmospheric, spooky, and the character development is wonderful. The story takes places in 2016 and 1986 with some overlapping characters in each time, and this time hop is a way to slowly unveil some of the history of the house and its former inhabitants as we advance along in the story.

There are some "real" and sadly relevant horrors in this book as well - I do not want to give TOO much away because that plot/sub-plot of the book was a total surprise to me! And I am here for it! But it just adds to the looming darkness of the book.

A fun, yet serious, and great read! Highly recommended for fans of Susan Hill or Shirley Jackson - and Megan Taylor does her own little twist on what makes those aforementioned authors so loved as well. 4 stars from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Wait.

May 1, 2020 – Started Reading