Kristine Kevorkova's Reviews > Hostile Witness

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster

May 16, 2012

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

My reason for choosing this book was because my friend had reccomended it to me. In Hostile Witness, Josie is getting back into her high stakes lawyering job after a her recent small case jobs. she is trying to prove a young,rebellious girl's inoccece after a fire kills her step-grandfather, who also happens to be the Supreme Court judge. "Josie learned how to hold her breath when she was ten. Not just hold it for a minute,but hold it as if it was a matter of life or death." would have to be my favorite quote because not only can you gather info about her harsh past, you can tell she is very strong as a person. Rebecca Forster's style of writing was one that I had mot yet experienced. Aside from giving details of the protagonist's thoughts, it also gives small insights of other characters. Occasionally the scene will be switched to an event that matters in the story but does not include the main character. I would reccomend this book but only for light reading. i did not encounter enough action to reccomend it with much enthusiasm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hostile Witness.