Amber's Reviews > Queens of Geek

Queens of Geek by Jen  Wilde

bookshelves: enjoyed

Wow I was not... I was not expecting to like this book so much. Holy cow it was AMAZING. This book represented anxiety so well for me personally. I had to stop reading it because I was just in awe of how accurate it was about me.

This book talks about anxiety, bisexuality, autism, and so much more. I heard it's a #ownvoice novel! I loved the MC, Taylor, so much. She was so nerdy and perfectly awkward. I liked reading her chapters more than her friend Charlie. Charlie is such an amazing friend but I think her relationship in the book was very insta-lovey. I didn't really enjoy that but I still found myself rooting for them.

I don't know how to express what I'm feeling. This book was almost too short but it was just what I needed. I'm so happy I decided to pick this up. I definitely recommend this! Oh my goodness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queens of Geek.

April 29, 2020 – Started Reading
April 29, 2020 – Shelved
page 20
6.92% "Hmm not sure how i feel about Charlie"
page 53
18.34% "Taylor just described how I feel about anxiety perfectly. Oh my. I'm still shaken."
page 109
37.72% "Jamie is so precious."
April 30, 2020 –
page 164
56.75% "Oh I hate people in the news. JUST LEAVE EVERYONE'S BUSINESS ALONE FOR EFF SAKE. poor charlie. I wish they would leave her alone."
April 30, 2020 –
page 230
79.58% "This book makes me so happy."
April 30, 2020 – Shelved as: enjoyed