Elissande's Reviews > The Opportunist

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

May 15, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, favorites, made-me-cry
Read in May, 2012

Amazing what a book can do right?! The Opportunist blew me away, made me sigh, made me smile, made me mad, made me sad, made me cry, made me think and is still making me think at the moment, on what will happen on the next book. But for now let’s just talk about this one.

This book was utterly SUPERB and unbelievably good!! After several weeks of trying to find a good book I finally found it thanks to my goodreads friend Jenny, and even though she warned me not to read it before going to bed, well let’s just say curiosity killed the cat, and I ended pulling an all-nighter and it was so much worth it, until I was crying my eyeballs out in front of my bathroom mirror while everybody was asleep!!

This book is about love, secrets, lies, and its consequences, about that person who will always be your first love no matter what, about how you may get to know another person and learn to care for them and learn to love them, but will never be loved the same way as your first. The Opportunist makes you have lots of different feelings while you read it and to me this is what makes a great great book and not to mention great author. To me a book that makes you feel all these emotions in one sitting, that makes you feel what the characters are feeling like you are next to them, well let’s just say it is something extraordinary. So the author who accomplishes this has my uttermost respect.

So Tarryn Fisher, I just wanted to let you know, that I talk for myself and on behalf of many others that you have created one of the best books I have read, and it has gone directly to my favorites bookshelf. And even if you are half badass, half cry baby, I won't be mean to you because you will not be receiving any negative comments from me, but on the contrary, I can only have positive things to say on your writing. I thank you for creating this story and for having a sequel where I can guarantee we will be able to see more great work from you like The opportunist. I know i might be talking and making tonz of scenarios of the story in my head, but lastly You are the Author(The Boss) and whatever happens I believe i will love it. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opportunist.

Brandie I so agree Elissande!!! I am STILL thinking about this book! I went back a re-read a couple of parts already because I needed to clarify some things. I too am totally coming up with my own scenarios for how the next books. Here's hoping I get what I'm needing! ;)

Elissande Tarryn wrote: "First loves never die"

no they don't :(
I am totally thinking on recommending this to a friend who has lived a very similar story as this, but I don't know if I should :( (what if I crush her heart, or make her cry buckets), maybe until the other books come out so she can get to know what happens. I'll keep you posted :)

Elissande Brandie wrote: "I so agree Elissande!!! I am STILL thinking about this book! I went back a re-read a couple of parts already because I needed to clarify some things. I too am totally coming up with my own scena..."

Yes, I already went and re-read some parts as well. Would love to have a chat discussion about this book lol.

Brandie Email me Elissande, I need to vent, lol! nestvintage@yahoo.com

message 5: by Luv (new) - added it

Luv Hey guys, can you tell me if this book has a HEA? It sounds really good.

Elissande LuvGirl wrote: "Hey guys, can you tell me if this book has a HEA? It sounds really good."

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Luv (new) - added it

Luv Elissande wrote: "LuvGirl wrote: "Hey guys, can you tell me if this book has a HEA? It sounds really good."

[spoilers removed]"

Oh wow, I have to wait until the sequel then. I'm too spoiled with HEA's to have to wait for months to find out if this book has one, but it really sounds awesome. I Can't wait for the sequel to give it a try :-)

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog I just your message Elissande and will respond shortly!

I'm so glad you loved it even if you did want to slap me after you finished. I guess all's forgiven now haha

Tosha Great Review

Elissande Tosha wrote: "Great Review"

Thanks for the compliment Tosha!! I don't really do book reviews, but I had to give one for this one. Hopefully I did a good job ;)

Megan Wait, wait, wait... there's going to be a sequel?!? Oh my God! I can't even deal right now... I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or hating you for that news right now. I'll settle on thanking you:) Great review!