Isabel's Reviews > Autobiography of a Yogi

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda

bookshelves: classics, history, life-style, memoir, non-fiction, spirituality, yoga

This book is not easy to read: You have to put your western pragmatic mind aside and allow your dormant spirituality to awaken, once you give yourself permission to believe, the information found within its lines is soothing and empowering.

This is a spiritual book, religious if you will, something you need to know beforehand. It is like reading the Old Testament if you are not willing to accept it will speak of God and His word, then don't read it.

In this book, you can find embedded rivers of Hindu Philosophy, it is a refreshing way of going through your accumulated knowledge (if you have done some reading on the subject), so you could also read it under the perspective of a "compared religion" essay.

To me, the first 100 pages were kind of uphill until I gave in, and the journey it has taken me through has been a fructiferous and pleasant one. I have learned, I have rooted, I have grown, I have gained certainty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autobiography of a Yogi.

April 28, 2020 – Started Reading