Grace Elliot's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 15, 2012

liked it

I would compare this book to banging your head against a brick wall - it's nice when you stop! On the plus side, I couldnt stop reading, on the minus it was an exhausting and to quote the author 'eye rolling' read.
I decided to read the book because of the buzz about it on twitter, and call me stupid (many do!) but I thought it was a romance, not an erotic read. Now, I have nothing against erotic literature, but it's polite to warn readers that's what you're getting - and from what I could see there was nothing in the blurb to alert me to this.
OK, so I got over the initial surprise that with such an innocent/boring cover, this was a steamy read and what I was left with was a slightly repeatative ('eye-rolling' 'inner goddess') book that convinced me of Christian's attractiveness, but not a lot else.
Will I be reading the other two books in the trilogy? Probably not.

Nancy Lmao I like to call her Miss Too Stupid To Live, glad I didn't read it all.

message 2: by Grace (last edited May 17, 2012 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grace Elliot Nancy, I kind of wish I hadn't - it feels like hours of my life that I'll never get back again. It's nothing against erotic reads, but there are some much better and more original ones out there (thinking of Danielle D Smith's 'Black Dog and Rebel Rose' books - awesome.)

Nancy I totally agree, I've read far better erotic reads.